Fisher turned 4 months yesterday and had his 4 month check-up (and shots) appointment today. He now weighs 15.58 pounds and is 25.5 inches long. He is just above the 50th percentile in weight and height and is looking healthy as can be. Such a blessing!
The doc said we can start him on rice cereal whenever we'd like to just to help get him used to eating with a spoon. Once he handles that well we can then move on to baby foods. Just thinking about him moving on to solids makes me feel like is growing up so fast! I'm not sure I can handle it.
So here's what's been going on the past month:
- He has started drooling more and more. Last month is was cute. This month it's more messy than cute.
- He still loves his hands. He basically shoves his entire hand in there and sometimes even tries to fit both hands.
- He is starting to reach out towards his toys. He especially likes holding onto his red ball.
- He has found his feet! I've always thought it was so cute when a baby holds on to their feet so I was excited once he started pulling on them.
- He seemed to be losing his hair, but now it just looks like it's getting lighter in color. We'll see...blonde or brunette? I'm hoping it stays dark so he looks little more like me.
- Fisher attended his first Kee/Love Family Reunion this month at the Blue Ridge Mountains. It was the 25th annual reunion and it was great having our little boy there.
- He also visited his first brewery! Don't worry...we didn't let him try any beer.
- This month was our first time celebrating our birthdays (mine on the 25th and Brent's on the 30th of August) with Fisher in our lives. Let me tell you, a birthday is so much sweeter with a child in your life.
- Fisher now regularly attends the Kid's World nursery at church and does great. Everyone seems to love him!
- We still try to attend "Mother Goose Time" at the library once a week.
- I just started a mother's group at church on Tuesday mornings so he is in childcare then too. I think it's great getting him used to staying with other people and it gives me some "adult-time" during the day.
Here are some pictures of Fisher's adventures over this past month:
|His favorite position: laying on his belly.|
|Celebrating Daddy's 28th birthday!|
|So happy with Aunt Heather!|
|Trying out the baby walker for the first time.|
|Hanging out at the Yazoo Brewery.|
|Enjoying a visit from Momma C & Pops.|
|The very first nap with no bumpers. Silly boy.|
|Loving on Aunt Liz at the Family Reunion.|
|Giggling with Nana at the Family Reunion.|
|Rocking his 25th Annual Family Reunion t-shirt. (This is the day he did his first belly-to-back roll.)|
|Posing with Gran & Pap on the Family Reunion.|
|Hanging out with Maeby.|
|His favorite things: chewing on his hand & grabbing his feet.|
|Playtime with daddy.|
|Enjoying bath time. (He is so adorable when he's naked, but I'm not showing the "goods" on a blog. Sorry, guys.)|
Seriously, this kid is too cute. (In my very humble, non-biased opinion, that is.) Go check out a few more absolutely adorable pictures on my hubby's photography blog... www.snapfisher.blogspot.com.
Until next time...