Brent was out of town this weekend so my parents came in town to keep Fisher and I company. Since we didn't have any big plans, Momma C and I decided to tackle a couple house projects. The original idea was for my mom to use this opportunity to teach me to sew. I've had a sewing machine in its unopened box for about four years now and after this weekend...it still hasn't been used. I think we both figured things would get accomplished a bit faster if mom just took care of the sewing.
Project One was a curtain for our kitchen window. We've talked about doing this for awhile now in an effort to hide some random ugly tile featured above our window. It isn't really noticeable, but it has still always bothered me so off to Hobby Lobby we went. We snagged a fun fabric, some ribbon and a curtain rod and went to work.
Looks great, right? So fun and the best part is it also looks good from the outside. (See below.) It adds some cheer to our kitchen and works really well with our brightly colored chairs. Pretty great.
Our other project was to recover our dog pillows in a fabric that didn't hold dog hair quite as much. The fabric we had on them was UGLY. It was an old plaid fabric that basically attached itself to every dog hair possible. Even washing them didn't get the hair off. Needless to say, it was time for an update.
We found this great graphic pattern in three colors and since it seemed to be an dog-friendly fabric, we went with them all. Mak and Maeby are very happy with their updated pillows and I love that the style now fits our home decor.
Thanks, Momma C, for helping me out! (Even if you didn't teach to me to sew.)
Until next time....