It's true! This little guy is now three months old which is completely nuts. He is changing everyday and it is so much fun to watch. We don't have another doctor's appointment until he hits four months so I'm not sure on his weight, but I'm thinking he's in the 14 pound range. He surely feels heavier.
|Look at those chunky little legs!|
Here's what's been going on the past month:
- He is giggling, cooing, smiling and screeching more than ever which we love.
- He is much more alert and observant.
- He likes to stand up. He sometimes even pitches a fit when we try to lay him back down. Stubborn.
- He likes to sit up. He can't sit up on his own yet, but his head control is getting better and better.
- He likes when we make him "fly".
- He started drooling and making spit bubbles with his mouth. It's quite adorable.
- He likes to check himself out in the mirror. Who can blame him?
- He loves his hands. He chews on his fingers and is now starting to grab on to toys around him.
- His tummy-time skills are seriously improving. He can hold himself up for minutes at a time rather than just bringing his head up and dropping it down over and over again.
- He is losing his hair in front, but seems to be keeping the hair in back. I'm thinking there is a mullet in our future.
- He is getting to be a little more fussy when he is overly tired. He arches his back and can make some serious noise. Mommy and Daddy don't enjoy that new element.
- He still sleeps quite a bit during the day and we are up (on average) once a night to feed around 4 am.
- We took our first trip with Fisher this month. We made a visit to Memphis and he did great. He was a little off his schedule, but was a good sport overall and slept the whole way there and back.
- Fisher has been away from mommy and daddy 4 times now. Once with Momma C & Pops, twice with Gran & Pap and once with a friend. It is getting easier each time for me to trust him with someone other than myself or Brent. (Fisher doesn't care either way.)
- Fisher and I now go to the library once or twice a week for "Mother Goose Time". We meet up with some of our friends to hear stories and sing nursery rhymes. Sometimes Fisher is awake, other times he's fussy or sleeping, but today he did great! He looked around at all the kids and even gave a few grins to the baby next to us. So fun!
- Next Sunday we plan to put him in "Kids World" at church for the first time. He's been sleeping through the service so there hasn't been a need to drop him off, but we figured that now is as good of time as any to get him into childcare.
Here are some pictures from the past month:
|Cuddle time with Pap.|
|Rocking some tummy-time.|
|Loving on Aunt Cray-Cray.|
|Tuckered out on his playmat.|
|Spending time with Momma C and Glenda in Memphis.|
|Chilling with Alex (and probably pooping.)|
|Nap time with Daddy and Mak.|
|The "Dad" and the "Son.|
For a few extra, super sweet photos, check out my hubby's blog @ snapfisher.blogspot.com.
Until next time...