Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Fisher Caught the Big ONE: Party Decorations

We just had Fisher's first birthday party and it was so much fun! The theme was "fishing" and I had a great time making decorations to go along with it. This isn't a great picture, but here is a shot of the homemade invitations we sent out. (I cut out way more fish for this party than I'd ever want to admit.)


Here are some shots of all the decorations. Some of the items I used were: cheap fishing net from Oriental Trading Company, spray painted sticks from our front yard, tons of cardstock (for banners, little fish and favor tags) that I already had on hand, a couple grapevine wreaths spray painted green, a chalkboard we already owned, a crate spray painted green that we already owned, brown twine & red/white bakers twine, streamers and a couple plastic table cloths. 





















I made desserts for the party like the chocolate dipped pretzel rods and the "bobber" style cake pops. The cupcakes I had Publix bake and ice, but I added the worm "bait" and cookie "dirt" to the top of the chocolate ones and added the Swedish Fish, the pretzel "fishing rods" and string the vanilla ones to complete the theme. We also set out plenty of extra sour worms and Swedish fish to snack on. 














It was an absolute blast and I had so much fun putting everything together. (Shout out to Momma C, Pops & Brent for helping set up all the decorations!) I'll post some of the pictures from throughout the party later and of course I'll have lots posted on Facebook. 

The biggest take-away: Fisher LOVES cake. 


Until next time...
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. So cute! You did an awesome job! I CAN'T believe it's been a year already!

    ReplyDelete