Monday, April 23, 2012

Preggers Update: 36 Weeks

36 weeks and yes, I'm still getting bigger. 


I must admit that I'm a little less than thrilled that I'm at 36 weeks and still got sick out of nowhere tonight. I lost my entire dinner and then some. It's been months since I've done that. What the heck? 


OK, enough complaining. Let's get down to business...

According to babycenter.com.: My baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. He now weighs almost 6 pounds and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. He's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered his body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected his skin during his nine-month amniotic bath. By the end of this week, he'll be considered full-term which means if he arrives early, he'll still be in good shape. 

We had a doctor's appointment this past Friday and it was my first cervical check appointment. Here's what I learned: Fisher is head down, but he hasn't dropped yet. My cervix is "softening", but I am not yet dilated. 

My doc did say that Fisher is measuring a little small according to my "belly check" which can mean that he's just a small baby or that something is holding up his growth or that he is just positioned in a manner that is making him seem small. Therefore, next Friday we will be having a ultrasound before our regular visit to check his actual measurements. She didn't seem concerned (otherwise I'm sure she would have set up the ultrasound right away), but it is enough to make us a bit nervous. No one likes to hear that there is something less than normal going on. Hopefully he's just a little guy...I can handle that (especially for the delivery portion.)

We will of course keep you updated on Fisher's status. I'm just thankful that we are at the point in pregnancy where he can arrive at any time and shouldn't be in risk of having to spend extra time in the hospital. 

Oh, and we're 26 days from our due date...

Until next time...

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment