Monday, October 1, 2012

Seriously? It's October?

Wow. I cannot believe we've reached October already and yet, here we are. It got me thinking about the rush of holidays we are about to be hit with - the first, of course, being Halloween. I don't typically do a ton of decorations for Halloween, but I do plan to add a couple things to our household to help get us in the fall spirit. 

Here are some really fun DIY Halloween decoration ideas:
Spooky Terrariums- Today's Creative Blog
Find out more here.
Terrariums are a super popular decoration for dining tables and this Halloween take would be a blast for the kids to help with. Creepy...and fun.
See more here.
I love these creative takes on using pumpkins for decorations. They'd be great indoors or out and they are much easier (and cleaner) than having to carve pumpkins.
DIY tutorial
Create your own "Spooky Village" with items from your local Dollar Store and a bit of paint. Such a creative idea that would be a big hit with the kiddos. 
DIY tutorial 
I just love this one! Make your own candy corn inspired garland with some paint chips from your local hardware store.
bats on front door
Make your own
As long as you have a covered front entrance, this would be a great way to greet your trick-or-treaters! All you need is a template, some black paper and a pair of scissors. Too bad our bats would get soaked. 

These ideas are really getting me in the mood to do some decorating around the house. I'll see what I can come up with and will show you all the details later. I'm sure I'll find an excuse to use my Cricut. :)

Until next time...
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. yeah, I have no idea how October has already made it's presence. Cute decor inspiration sis, no doubt you'll pull something out.

    ReplyDelete