Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Flashback: Announcing Baby #2

I knew I was pregnant pretty much immediately. My body let me know what was going on well before it was time to take a pregnancy test so when we returned from our Thanksgiving trip to Kansas City, I quickly took a test to see if anything would pop up yet. And, boom! Just like that I had the official news. 

I decided to wait until the following day to share the news with Brent. When I returned home from work, I gave Brent a little ice-cream "happy" from the grocery store. 


"If I'm going to get fat, so are you! (We're pregnant!)"
Free printable from craftaholicsanonymous.net.
Since I took the test before I even had a missed period, Brent was completely shocked. He had no idea I could know already. It was so much fun to surprise him with the news!

Waiting to share the news with the rest of our families was killer. I wanted to spill the beans as soon as possible. Luckily, Christmas lined up with an appropriate time to announce. It was such a joy to share our news over the holiday (and we were even able to capture it on camera!) 

We used a template (from TheCreativeMama.comto create a custom book about Fisher's birth to announce the news. We kept a copy for Fisher and then gave a copy to each of the grandparents to keep. I was able to customize each of the pages and even switch out a few that I didn't need. 

Here's a look at some of the pages:






We just told the grandparents that we created the book for Fisher as a Christmas gift and thought they would like a copy too. Here's some video of their reactions:



So fun to have their initial reactions recorded! Needless to say, I believe the parents were completely shocked (as well as Liz - the only one who cried) and I guess my siblings were expecting to hear some baby news in the near future. Either way, what great memories!

Until next time...

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment