Sunday, August 10, 2014

A Quick Craft Project: Welcome Door Hanger

To take advantage of my last bit of time before having a newborn in the house, I decided to tackle a super quick and easy craft project this week. I found some inspiration via Pinterest for a new "wreath" for our back door and made my own version which I love. 

Here's what inspired me:

Found on ahomefullofcolor.com
Found on bourbonandboots.com
I love the unexpected use of this wooden "stump" as a welcome rather than the typical wreath. I also love the idea of utilizing chalkboard paint on this project, but since our back door is already a dark color, I didn't want to cover up the light color of the wood. Instead, I opted to keep the natural wood exposed and used acrylic paint to create my design and welcome message. 

Here's my version:




I really dig it and best of all, it was so incredibly easy to do!

Until next time...

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment