Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Let the Nesting Begin

My nesting urges have begun. Although we still need quite a few things for our nursery, we've made progress on the decor.

As I mentioned before, my dad made us a side table for the baby's room. My mom then painted it white for us. Next, I pimped it out (in a kid-friendly way, of course). I added gray stripes to the top, threw on some polyurethane, added the most amazingly perfect pull from Anthropologie and topped it off with my spectacular West Elm owl lamp. 

Please try not to drool. 




(It's quite ironic that the knob on the table created by my dad is a squirrel. You should ask him about his hatred love of squirrels sometime. It's bound to give you a good story.)

We have also replaced the original ceiling fan with a pop of color. I snagged this yellow drum shade from World Market. We added a ceiling medallion, a light kit and wham! we have beautiful new light fixture. (Although you can't see it in this picture very well, the interior of the drum shade is an embossed silver lining. Amazing.)


This past weekend I got crafty and created a painting for our little man's animal themed room. I found the inspiration here. I just modified the original design to include my new pop of yellow in the room. 

I started with a large canvas. I dry-brushed gray paint (the same paint I used on the side table) over the entire surface and then got to work with the design. Let me know what you think.



The other crafts I've completed for the nursery are some white yarn wrapped cardboard letters to go over the soon-to-be changing table (just need the changing pad) and a mobile made out of embroidery hoops. Super easy activities and I'm totally in love with the results.





Here's a peek at what a little Neil Fisher will be looking at during his diaper changes. Not a bad view, right? (He'll also be able to peek at himself in the mirror which should be entertaining too.)




So there you have it... the beginnings of my nursery nesting. There will be more to come has the day of his arrival gets closer and closer.

Until next time...

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Looks amazing sis! It's totally coming together!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, but seriously. This is freakin' fantastic. I am in LOOVEEE with the squirrel knob. And the painting is ridiculously cute. I love your theme more and more every update. Good for da baby, but still good lookin' for the adults. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it all! Can't wait to see it all come together, complete with Fisher.

    ReplyDelete