We are less than 2 weeks away from our due date. Wow.
Here's my 38 week belly...and my really pale skin.
We had a doctor's appointment on Friday and got the latest update on our pregnancy. We now know that we will not be allowed to go a full week past our due date (if I don't go into labor prior) like we originally thought. The last ultrasound revealed that my placenta has some calcification which can cause the baby to receive less than the needed amount of nutrients and oxygen required. (Calcification is basically a sign of placental aging.) Once they notice calcification, they recommend weekly ultrasounds to check the status of the baby.
Because of this information we had a "well-being" check at this visit and Fisher is currently a 10 out of 10 (meaning his fluid, movement, heart rate, etc. is right on track.) We will have another ultrasound and "well-being" check next Friday followed by a growth check ultrasound on Wednesday. As long as things continue to look good, we'll be able to continue to wait for me to go into labor, but if anything changes for the negative, we will be induced. We could potentially go a couple days past our due date, but with the calcification a week past is no longer an option.
So...we should have a baby boy within 2 weeks or so. (That is so hard to wrap my head around. No amount of preparation or discussion or waiting can make it feel like the time is really here. I can't believe I'm so close to meeting my son. My son...wow.)
We are now entering the waiting game. This is my last week of work before maternity leave, we have the nursery ready, our hospital bags packed, the car seat loaded and everything washed for little Fisher. We just need little Fisher to arrive. We're ready when he is.
Until next time...