Monday, May 14, 2012

Preggers Update: 39 Weeks

We are now at 39 weeks and it looks like we'll be having a baby before we hit 40 weeks. 



We were at the doctor again on Friday for a "well being" check for Fisher. (We are doing these checks because of the calcifications of my placenta which shows that it is aging.) We had an ultrasound first and since Fisher didn't move and practice his breathing as much as he was supposed to we had to be hooked up to the monitor at our regular appointment to watch his heart rate. Basically, he got an 8 out of 10 on his "report card". (Last week he scored a 10 out of 10.)

Based on the findings at this appointment, our doctor decided that we would not wait to get all the way to my due date, but rather induce me around midweek. Brent and I were told to decide on whether we'd like to come in to the hospital Tuesday night to have the baby Wednesday or to come in Wednesday night and have him arrive Thursday. We decided on  Tuesday night as the game plan, but the doc still wanted to see us again today for another quick "well being" check. 


Today, Fisher performed beautifully (although he still took his sweet time to make his  required moves) and I am now dilated to 1 cm! Thank goodness! Now that I'm actually dilated I'm feeling much better about being induced. Being induced with no progress of mine own beforehand increases the possibility of having to have a c-section which is obviously not what I want. Even though there isn't much going on, at least I'm not starting from zero.


We are heading to the hospital around 8 or 9 o'clock tomorrow night to get the party started. We will be induced that night and will hopefully have our baby boy sometime Wednesday afternoon. 


I can't believe the time has arrived!!! OK, I'm off to do laundry, finish "Thank You" notes, dust, make a grocery list for the hubbs, check my hospital bag...


Until next time...
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Robin... good luck! Just remember that anything you have to do will just bring you closer to holding Fisher and a C Section isn't terrible if it comes to that.

    Kylie Stewart Crosland

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited!!! :)

    ReplyDelete