Monday, January 31, 2011

Poor Apartment

Let’s be honest. I’m excited about owning my first home. (Obviously, I started a blog just so I could talk about it non-stop.) But I’m starting to feel sorry for my apartment.  It has turned into an old pair of jeans. You know when you buy a new pair of jeans and all of a sudden every other pair of jeans you own suck? None of the jeans in your closet can live up to the fabulously fitting new pair, the new pair that makes your butt look awesome and by default causes all your old jeans to make your butt look fat. The house is my new, look-at-my-amazing-butt, jeans and my apartment now makes me look fat...it's being rejected.

Knowing that we'll be moving out in a couple months makes it hard to want to put much effort into the apartment. Old furniture items are being tossed so corners are left empty, boxes are moving in, and craft projects are left hanging awkwardly on the wall. (Yarn Wreath.) 

I know it's only going to get worse as we get closer to the moving date, so I'd like to take this moment to remember the adorable apartment as it was. You've been good to us. (But I still can't wait to leave you.)

I didn't have a good apartment picture, but I think Maeby's face says it all.
Until next time...

6 comments:

  1. Take plenty of photos of both the old apt before you pull everything down and the new place prior to move-in. You'll really love looking back on how things were and how they've changed. When you're memory begins to exaggerate everything it's fun to have an objective reference. Enjoy those old jeans a few more weeks !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the jean analogy :) Which reminds me, I need new pair... uggh.. HATE jeans shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post. You're way too good at this already, making me feel like a loser on my own blog. ha! ;) I'm with Kelly, love the jean analogy! and Dad too - BEFORE pictures are a must with the house too.

    So with the new home, are you going to break the dogs of being on the furniture? I think I remember you saying that "one day".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha - Robin - this is great stuff. I love your blogs, they are cracking me up and such an interesting and witty insight to your life. What took you so long to start doing this?? Its great! Thanks for sharing and entertaining. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So...Last Names are required unless you have a photo next to your name...I don't know who is who.

    It's hard to keep up with all my fans. (Totally Kidding...I'm just happy one person is reading along.)

    Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura = "Reddin" or better known now as DAWSON

    ReplyDelete