Friday, May 13, 2011

Love it! Wall Decor


A couple weekends ago we finally got some wall art up above our sofa in the living room. It's the main wall in our living room so it was really begging for some attention. We (and by we I mean I) decided to go with some family photos as our focus since, after all, it is a space for family to gather.  

It all started with four frames I picked up at Hobby Lobby during their 50% off framing sale along with some precut mats. Then I shuffled through some wedding photos and some old school pictures I had stored away from our wedding rehearsal slideshow and decided on four photos that I just loved. 





Then I added in two skeleton keys I had left over from this earlier living room art project and a wooden "K" initial. We really didn't love the "K" right away. It was too white and perfect looking which did NOT work with the vibe of the frames so I sanded it down a bit. Then I sanded it down some more until we finally decided it could stay.

With everything combined, this was the result.


Good, but not quite enough for my taste. I knew I would want to add some more to the collection and I had an idea of what I wanted, but it wasn't something I had actually seen. I had that, "I'll know it when I see it" idea. And now I've seen it. 

I now introduce to you my "Love it! Wall Decor", Shanna Murray's Illustrated Decals. They are spectacular and I'm going to have to try to keep myself from buying one for every room in the house.

Here are the two that I'm already planning on snatching up to add to our living room wall:

1. This baby will be going around the "K". I'm thinking in the gold rather than the white.

2. This gem is my fav! It actually has a chalkboard center so I can put any quote that speaks to my heart. I'm planning on using this one from the Avett Brothers... "Always remember, there is nothing worth sharing like the love that let us share our name."

Don't you just love these? I'll be sure to post pictures once I've put these babies on the wall. I'm super pumped!

Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. I need you to come do the walls in my living room and in the back room too. I look at the walls and think, yikes - too much trouble or too big or whatever. I know I want to do randomly hung frames/photos in our living room, but second guess myself when I try to find the frames at hobby lobby's 1/2 off sale ... I know, for the most part, what photos I want - please remember this next time you're in town. I could use the help. ;)

    Oh yeah - and I'm digging the wall. Cannot visualize the new additions you want to put in, but I'm sure with your eye they'll look fab as usual. Can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm like you Heather. I love what Robin did but can't get my own walls figured out. Been in the house 8 years and still have big, vacant walls. Love this Robin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love how precut mats make framing job quick and easy. Nice setup on the wall decor!

    ReplyDelete