Saturday, June 25, 2011

Simple Solutions: 10 Minute Art


This morning I finally found a use for two more of my IKEA frames! (I used the first one here.) After about 10 minutes, I now have two more pieces of artwork up in my guest room for zero dollars. Nice, right?

Here's what I did and what you can do too:

Grab 2 frames (I used the 2 IKEA frames)

Grab something to use as "art"
I used a watercolor painting that I made forever ago and cut it up into smaller pieces, but you could use a remnant of fabric or a page out of a book or magazine.

Tape the artwork to the mat to hold it in place and put the frame back together.
If you don't have a mat already included in with your frame like mine, you can pick one up at Hobby Lobby or make your own. A really cheap option would be to use a piece of white poster board. 

Hang your new artwork up on your wall

Here's how mine turned out:



Is there a wall in your home that needs some artwork? Save a few dollars. It's easy enough to make your own, don't you think?

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Cute! Can't wait to see them in person next weekend. :) Love yoU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacey Kee Reed commented on Facebook that she is using this idea to frame her kids' artwork...such a perfect solution! :)

    ReplyDelete