Tuesday, July 22, 2014

There's Another Baby on the Way: 37 Weeks Update

Now that we are in the final stretch, I thought I'd include weekly updates on here so I have a little easier time remember how it all went down. We are now at 37 weeks (+ 1 day) and here's what I look like:


I keep hearing that I look small, but I feel HUGE. I feel a lot of pressure all the time (in my lady bits) which I don't ever remember having with Fisher. I'm beyond uncomfortable and would be thrilled to have Emmy arrive at any point now. (I even got a pedicure done today so I'm ready to go!)

I had my last check up on Friday (at 36 weeks 4 days) with a nurse practitioner and I was at 2 cm and 30% effaced. I'm hoping that we'll continue to have some progression when I'm checked by my again this Friday. 

Unfortunately, my doctor just underwent back surgery and although she'll be back to clinic this week, she won't be up and running for deliveries right away. It's possible that she'll be available to deliver Emmy, but the odds aren't looking good (especially if I go into labor before my due date.) I love my doctor so it's kind of a bummer to imagine her not being there. She was wonderful during my labor and delivery with Fisher, but I'm sure all the doctors from the practice are great. I'll be so happy to have this baby out that I'm pretty sure I'll take whoever shows up. ;)

Alright, before I go, here's the final addition to the kids room: maternity photos!







I'm so glad I was able to get the photos into their bedroom. Fisher's were in our hallway previously, but now that we have two sets, I really wanted to feature them in the kids' room. 

Until next time...
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment