Monday, August 15, 2011

Monday Night: Master Bedroom Progress

The hubby and I both have August birthdays, (my brother-in-law does too, but who really cares) so we went to hangout with my family in Memphis this weekend to celebrate before my little sister heads back to school in Knoxville. We had a lot of fun and came back with another couple items for our house!

Our amazing, (and now blue) father-built bedside table now has a friend! My parents got me two swing-arm wall sconces for our master bedroom. They will work perfectly for night time reading (Who wants to walk across the room to turn off the light when you're all comfy, cozy in bed? Not this lazy girl.) and they really dress up our lovely paneled walls. 

Take a peek:




We have one on each side of the bed, but due to a lack of light bulbs, I couldn't photograph both at the same time. You'll just have to trust me that they look great together. 

The lamps and the bedside table are a great start to our bedroom change up. It is very neutral at the moment, which works fine, but isn't too exciting. We are wanting to amp up the color and add in some texture to wake this room up a bit. I can't wait to show you some pictures as we make the changes, but for now here is a view of the comforter we are switching to from West Elm. Luckily, we snagged it on sale a couple weekends ago. We just need to switch out some pillows before putting it to use.

Ruffled-Circle Quilt + Shams

I know what you're thinking...pink in the bedroom? But it's really "poppy" red, not pink. So yeah, my husband is cool with pink.

Until next time...
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Those lights (sconces? what are those?) would have sat in the box for a month or more at my house before seeing the walls. Just ask my wife. Brent, you gotta be careful about setting the bar too high on installing something so quickly ! That'll come back to haunt you sometime. :-)

    Nice color on that bedside table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pop of color that new spread will bring! That's great sis! Cannot wait to see the FINISHED product... wait... what am I saying, it's Kee Creative, will it EVER be REALLY finished?! Always something to change up. ;)

    ReplyDelete