Wednesday, August 3, 2011

WOW wednesday: Pinterest

Pinterest is my wow this week for two reasons.

  1. It is inspiration heaven.
  2. I've managed to resist joining until tonight.
For those of you who don't know about Pinterest, it is basically a  website that allows you to create "pinboards" full of inspirational images. The best thing is that you can follow other people's "pinboards" and "re-pin" anything you like, love or adore. It is the perfect thing for any creative or crafty individual.

Now, since I've just signed up tonight, (I just pinned my first item!) I really don't know the ends and outs of how to use the program, but it seems super user-friendly so far. I finally caved and signed up (I really didn't need another obsession) when I saw the unofficial Pinterest challenge posted on Young House Love.


Basically, the lovely ladies (shown below) created a fun challenge for anybody to partake in. You just had to select an inspiration from Pinterest and do your best to recreate it. The results have been pretty spectacular. (So spectacular that it motivated me to finally get going on my own account.) Visit Young House Love to see all the amazingly talented people that participated.


I missed the deadline for this "challenge", but it's definitely motivated me to do some major crafting. Friday, maybe? 


Here's an example of one of the items that made me melt...

Source

If you're on Pinterest, you can follow me at http://pinterest.com/keecreative/!

Until next time...
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment