Sunday, March 20, 2011

Living Room Progress

The hubby, furbabies and I have been in our new home for one week now and although there are still a couple "off limits" areas, we have settled in quite a bit. Today we were able to make some more home progress by buying purchasing our first washer, dryer, lawn mower, and weed-eater. It was tons of fun as you can image. (I'll talk more about that later.) Luckily, we were also able to pick out a couple more exciting items (well exciting for me, probably not that exciting for Brent) that are moving us one step closer to pulling our living room together.

Basically, I've already made a detour from my original living room design plan. Shocking? Not really. It's what I do. A girl like me can't walk through any home decor store or flip through any design magazine without coming up with a totally new idea of the "perfect room". This time the design deviation came from spotting this pretty lady at World Market.


Emma Curtain | World Market

I never even knew I liked yellow (in home decor) until I found this curtain. I never really considered it as a main color option, but I'm really pumped about it now. All of a sudden, grey and yellow are the bomb and I'm going with it. 

So I haven't purchased these curtains yet, (waiting to use my coupon, girl) but it is now the jumping off point for our living room design. What we did get to buy today, thanks to my sweet in-laws, is this new jute rug.



Looking good right? Our other new edition is the yellow pillow. I love the combination of the natural woven rug and casual yellow pillow with the more elegant grey pillows. The most interesting design usually stems from unexpected combinations and these pillows do just that for me. I just can't wait to get the curtains in place. Bring on the grey and yellow!



Yeah, that last picture has nothing to do with the new living room scheme, but they are just too darn cute not to include. If only were that well behaved all the time.

Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. Looks great! So do the puppies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for the pups having a street/yard to look out towards and make sure the neighborhood is safe! :)

    ROOM IS LOOKING FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rooobiinnnnn.. It looks SO great. :) Love Love LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buzz kill: http://finance.yahoo.com/tech-ticker/why-i-am-never-going-to-own-a-home-again-536051.html

    Hope you are enjoying your new home!

    ReplyDelete